Did you know that you can make your dental visits more enjoyable? By simply following a few dental care guidelines to better oral health, you can ensure that your smile will be free of cavities and infection when you visit your dentist. Dr. Andrew T. Mohlman recommends these steps to better home dental care in his Kennewick, WA, practice.
5 Ways You Can Update Your Dental Care Routine for a Healthier Smile
- Floss your teeth. Flossing is everyone’s least favorite dental care activity but it can be done in two minutes. Just flossing once per day is enough to keep your smile in tip-top shape.
- Brush at least twice per day. Clearing the plaque and bacteria from your teeth in frequent intervals is essential, if you want to maintain good oral health.
- Eat foods that nourish your smile and body. Drinking sodas and juices encourages tooth decay and gum disease. Sugary desserts and candies have the same effect. You might be surprised to know that fruits and vegetables do more than provide your body with nutrients. The fiber in these foods scrubs bacteria from the teeth. They also encourage the production of saliva, which rinses away food debris.
- Add mouthwash to your regular dental care routine. Swishing a mouthwash with fluoride or antibacterial properties can remove food debris that you missed with other tools. It can also protect your smile from bacteria and decay.
- Schedule regular dental care visits to your dentist. Cleanings allow us to remove the plaque and bacteria that you cannot reach while exams ensure that we can address any issues before a cavity or gum disease can take hold.
Providing dental care information for patients is a big part of our role in helping you maintain a beautiful, healthy smile. For more oral health tips, schedule a consultation for dental care in Kennewick, WA, with Dr. Andrew T. Mohlman. Our experienced dentist offers the highest quality family dentistry with a personalized approach.
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.